First Presbyterian Maumee is searching for an undergraduate junior or senior intern to join our communications team. Our team produces close-to-home content for our community and congregation focused on a sense of place and people using digital storytelling. We seek an intern who is creative in thinking who can participate in telling and marketing these essential stories.
The successful intern should be prepared to work in a supportive environment and will be willing to take part in a variety of communications to build and grow their resume. This internship is highly tailored to the individual, but will also cover a wide range of communications, such as social media marketing and campaigns, video production, editorial and feature writing, website design and upkeep, and much more. Additionally, this internship will also contain a career growth section at the end of the semester, wherein the successful candidate’s professional materials (resume, cover letter, online portfolio, etc.) will be workshopped and polished.
It is also relevant to note that this internship is unique as it not only offers a pathway toward career growth, but also an opportunity for personal growth. First Pres Maumee welcomes not only those of the Presbyterian faith, but of all other faiths and backgrounds as well. Whether you are new to the church or a long-time churchgoer, we know this experience will benefit you greatly both personally and professionally.
• Assist in storytelling through digital and print articles, videography, photography, etc.
• Assist in the creation of print materials, such as signage, brochures, posters, fliers, etc.
• Assist in the creation of digital marketing campaigns
• Assist in the production and implementation of social media marketing and campaigns
• Produce videography and photography work to be featured on our online channels
• Write engaging content for our congregation and community
• Provide communications support to congregation and staff members
• Provide new ideas, insight, and brainstorm with the staff
• Undergraduate (junior or senior) student from a college or university majoring in Communications, English, Marketing, Graphic Design or related field
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A drive for the pursuit of knowledge and a love for stories and storytelling
• Ability to work in an individual or group basis
• Ability to take direction and multi-task
• Knowledge or experience with DSLR cameras (optional)
• Knowledge or experience in Adobe Creative Cloud software (optional)
• Practical experience with a variety of communications techniques
• Materials and expertise for your career building needs
• Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with communications professionals
• Opportunity to learn about our congregation and beliefs, alongside educating us on yours
• Opportunity to meet with and learn from our congregation and leaders of the church
• Flexible schedule
• Compensation available: $1,000 stipend
Application Deadline: November 29, 2019
For more information about this position, please contact Kelsey Nevius, Director of Communications, at knevius@firstpresmaumee.
To apply, please send a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Kelsey Nevius at