Student Ministry Leader
First Presbyterian Maumee’s student ministry exists because we believe it is eternally spiritually critical for students in grades 6 - 12 to explore their faith in Jesus Christ as they discern their place in the challenging world around them.
We provide a welcoming place where disciples of Christ are formed through the study of God’s word, while meaningful personal relationships are built, inspiring students to go and serve others in Christ’s name.
- A Christian character
- Good communication skills
- Professional training in education and/or youth ministry desired
- Ability to recruit, train and manage volunteers
- Practical experience in Christian education/discipleship
- Ability to relate to people, both staff and members of the congregation, and with all ages and developmental stages
- Familiarity with the essential tenets of the Reformed faith and the practice of our Presbyterian traditions
- The Youth Leader is accountable to the Assistant Pastor and discipleship elder
With the guidance and assistance of the Assistant Pastor, the Student Ministry Leader will lead adult volunteers in the planning and execution of:
Jr. High Ministry and Sr. High Ministry (grades 6 - 8 & 9 - 12)
Lead volunteers in the planning and execution of
- Wednesday night gatherings
- Annual retreats, outings, etc.
- Annual summer camp trips
- Assist with fundraising efforts
- Develop relationships with students, parents and adult volunteers
- Weekly Gateway Middle School program with Young Life leaders
- Developing relationships with Gateway Middle School administrators
- Developing relationships with area youth pastors
- Teaming with area Young Life leaders in High School ministry
- Developing relationships with Maumee High School administrators
Confirmation and Commissioning Class
- Assist the Assistant Pastor with planning and teaching C&C
- Organize and co-lead C&C retreat with the Assistant Pastor
- Keep up to date work and events calendar
- Maintain communications with students, parents, and congregation
Hours of Service and Compensation
This is a half time position of 20-25 hours per week. Significant flexibility is afforded in the development of the weekly work schedule. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience. A range of $15-$20 an hour is currently forecasted. The ideal candidate will have a degree in education with experience in youth ministry or a related field
Accountability : Position reports to the Assistant Pastor of Discipleship, who will review performance annually.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Jason Armstrong at .
First Presbyterian Maumee is searching for an undergraduate junior or senior intern to join our communications team. Our team produces close-to-home content for our community and congregation focused on a sense of place and people using digital storytelling. We seek an intern who is creative in thinking who can participate in telling and marketing these essential stories.
The successful intern should be prepared to work in a supportive environment and will be willing to take part in a variety of communications to build and grow their resume. This internship is highly tailored to the individual, but will also cover a wide range of communications, such as social media marketing and campaigns, video production, editorial and feature writing, website design and upkeep, and much more. Additionally, this internship will also contain a career growth section at the end of the semester, wherein the successful candidate’s professional materials (resume, cover letter, online portfolio, etc.) will be workshopped and polished.
It is also relevant to note that this internship is unique as it not only offers a pathway toward career growth, but also an opportunity for personal growth. First Pres Maumee welcomes not only those of the Presbyterian faith, but of all other faiths and backgrounds as well. Whether you are new to the church or a long-time churchgoer, we know this experience will benefit you greatly both personally and professionally.
• Assist in storytelling through digital and print articles, videography, photography, etc.
• Assist in the creation of print materials, such as signage, brochures, posters, fliers, etc.
• Assist in the creation of digital marketing campaigns
• Assist in the production and implementation of social media marketing and campaigns
• Produce videography and photography work to be featured on our online channels
• Write engaging content for our congregation and community
• Provide communications support to congregation and staff members
• Provide new ideas, insight, and brainstorm with the staff
• Undergraduate (junior or senior) student from a college or university majoring in Communications, English, Marketing, Graphic Design or related field
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A drive for the pursuit of knowledge and a love for stories and storytelling
• Ability to work in an individual or group basis
• Ability to take direction and multi-task
• Knowledge or experience with DSLR cameras (optional)
• Knowledge or experience in Adobe Creative Cloud software (optional)
• Practical experience with a variety of communications techniques
• Materials and expertise for your career building needs
• Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with communications professionals
• Opportunity to learn about our congregation and beliefs, alongside educating us on yours
• Opportunity to meet with and learn from our congregation and leaders of the church
• Flexible schedule
• Compensation available: $1,000 stipend
Application Deadline: November 29, 2019
For more information about this position, please contact Kelsey Nevius, Director of Communications, at knevius@firstpresmaumee.
To apply, please send a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Kelsey Nevius at