Director of Engagement
Church Mission Statement
Our mission is to be the church family engaging each person to enrich our community for God’s glory through Jesus.
The Director of Engagement works to facilitate the accomplishment of our mission by developing and maintaining strategies that help people navigate how to engage with the church across all channels - from the iPhone to the parking lot to the pew. In addition, this position works to connect our community to the work Jesus is doing through the church so that God may be glorified.
Direct Position Responsibilities:
- Lead the staff team to implement an effective tiered communication strategy.
- Come alongside other ministry leaders and staff members to guide and develop appropriate communication and engagement strategies relative to each area of ministry.
- Maintain and leverage the church database as a tool to help pastors, staff, deacons and ministry team leaders engage and care for the congregation.
- Develop and lead an assimilation process to welcome guests, helping them to become a member, fully engaged in the mission and ministries of the church.
- Maintain and enhance social media strategies as means of connection within the church family and to the community beyond.
- Maintain the church website so that the life of the church is represented in an accurate and compelling way.
- Serve as editor of the weekly email newsletter.
- Recruit, develop, and support a team of volunteers who function in the role of receptionist and office support.
- Recruit and manage a team of volunteers who will assist in photography, videography, storytelling, design, etc.
- Develop and manage the communications budget to facilitate internal and external communications strategies.
Qualifications and Skills:
- a deep and committed love for Jesus and the Church.
- a high capacity leader and developer of people and teams.
- a team player who will work to enhance the efforts of other staff members and leaders
- attention to detail with special skill in text editing and grammar.
- demonstrated competencies in website, social media, database and general software management.
Hours of Service and Compensation
This is a full time position. Significant flexibility is afforded in the development of the weekly work schedule. Within this flexible schedule, it will be important for the Director of Engagement to be regularly present at times when the congregation gathers. This includes, but is not limited to, Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, and many other special events. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience. The ideal candidate will have a college degree and ministry experience within a church.
This position reports to the Pastor, Head of Staff who will review performance annually.
How to Apply
Review the Printable Position Description. A cover letter and resume should be submitted by Sunday, May 16, 2021, to the Personnel Committee at