WHO WE ARE
“Love First” is not just our motto, it is the way we seek to live in community with one another. In a world that is becoming more and more polarized, First Pres Maumee seeks to be a church family that prioritizes “love of neighbor” because we recognize that Jesus first loved us. By keeping Jesus at the center of our life together, the congregation is strengthened by a diversity of thought and experience. Our goal is to continually point one another to Jesus, who is revealed in the words of scripture, trusting God’s Spirit to both encourage and challenge every person as we are called to continually surrender in obedience to the love and Lordship of Jesus Christ.
"We are the church family engaging each person to enrich our community for God's glory through Jesus."
As we pursue this mission we seek to embody these core values:
- A welcoming congregation, united in joy, bursting with life
- A congregation who ministers and mentors with care and compassion
- Lay-led pioneering spirit of mission and service
- Engaging in the study of Scripture for life-long transformation and growing a community of faith
- Our congregation’s baptismal vows to nurture, inspire, educate, and celebrate each generation
- Passionate commitment to sharing inspirational music